As I said this morning, I haven’t been reading blogs much, so I haven’t had much to say in Geek Notes, but I have been collecting things in my “Geek Notes working copy” in BlogJet that you might enjoy, so here’s what I have today.
- MakeMeAdmin Follow-up - Aaron Margosis has posted an important follow-up to his MakeMeAdmin tools and also explains some very important issues regarding the “default owner” issues on Windows XP. A must-read post if you are running non-admin.
- iTunes SDK for Windows - As I mentioned the other day, I’m doing a lot of bittorrent downloads of live music. The goal for me is to get it into iTunes so I can get it into my iPod Shuffle. The conversion from FLAC/SLN to MP3 is easyΓÇª a quick batch file and I’m done. But I wanted to do the iTunes import too. Looks like it may be possible with the IITLibraryPlaylist::AddFiles method. We’ll see. [via Dan Crevier]
- Skeleton Sketches - This is a cool gallery of sketches done Michael Paulus. “I decided to take a select few of these popular characters _place_holder;[Ed: from 60s cartoons] and _place_holder;render their skeletal systems as I imagine they might resemble if one truly had eye sockets half the size of its head, or fingerless-hands, or feet comprising 60% of its body mass.” [via AaronX]
- Giant Steps - My good friend Karl Hungus (sic) sent this to a mailing list we are on together. It is an amazingly cool Flash animation put to the music of John Coltrane’s Giant Steps.
- How Not to Teach Your Kids About Gun Safety - I can’t believe this guy kept going with the demonstration after shooting himself in the legΓÇª or is it a fake? Looks pretty real.