We’ve have a couple weeks of straight rain, but yesterday was mostly sunny and it is looking like today could be nice. One can only hope. (Although as my friend Kris Syverstad will remind me I was warned.)
- Google Suggest Beta - An interesting twist on search engines it pops up a drop down list and suggests as you type.
- Usenet Timeline _place_holder;- I ran into this a while ago. It is a chronology of some of the more interesting things in USENET. A few favorites of mine are MS Needs Wizards (1984), The Morris Internet Worm (1988), WWW Project Announcement (1991), Linus’ Linux Announcement (1991), Andy Tanenbaum vs. Linus Torvalds (1992), Google Acquires DejaNews (2001)
- A Parent’s Guide to Preventing Homosexuality - This book came up on the suggested list at Amazon while my wife was searching for Christmas toys. I have a number of gay friends who I wouldn’t change a bit, so this makes me feel annoyed and not really want to shop there anymore.
- I’m Test-Driven Logo Programme - This has been discussed on the Test-Driven Mailing List for the past couple of weeks. Put one of these logos on your site or blog and tell the world that you are Test Driven!
- Recall This Message Doesn’t Work - I literally laughed out loud when _place_holder;I read this post by Scott Hanselman. It is so true. If you are the kind of person who might need to recall a message because you change you mind, then maybe you should implement a delay rule on your outbox.
- Road Rage Cards - Hahahaha I’ve wanted something like this for years. Rather than pay $20 however, I think I’ll just make my own.