I’ll be doing a bunch of training this coming week. I’ll be doing a two day custom .NET course at a large aerospace company on Monday and Tuesday. Then at the end of the week I’m doing a one day course three times (Southern CO, Denver and Northern CO) about best practices. In that class, I’ll be stepping outside of the typical .NET training box and covering stuff like continuous integration, NAnt, NUnit and other cool topics. If you are interested in attending one of these, let me know.
- Subversion 1.0.5 Released - This release includes an important security fix that addresses a potential DoS condition in the svnserve tool. If you are using the apache mod instead of svnserver, this isn’t important.
- Reading Binary Data in C# - I admit I’m guilty of doing this the wrong way. As Kris asked me recently, why the hell wasn’t this included in the BCL?
- How an Idea Becomes a Language Feature - Eric Gunnerson explains how crazy feature ideas get included into the C# language.
- The Simpsons: The Map of Springfield - This is a cool piece of work. As Scott Hanselman says, “Seriously, spend some time exploring.”
- Testing Private Methods - Jim Newkirk talks about why private testing was omitted from NUnit and then shows an interesting new class from VS 2005 Team System that lets you do it.