Spent today being very busy around the house. We are expecting a boy in July and I still haven’t finished the basement. Oops. Today I finally got the dummy fireplace out of the new bedroom downstairs. Who in there right mind would build a full brick non-functional fireplace in the basement? What they hell were they thinking? You have no idea how much it sucks to lug hundreds of bricks and mortar out of your basement… out to the alley… and then stacking them in neat pile.
My back will be sore for weeks… but at least now I can get back to building instead of bashing.
- Composite Unit Testing with MbUnit - This is the most promising new thing I’ve seen on the unit testing front since NUnit 2.0. You can download MbUnit here. I will certainly be spending some time looking into this, it is a very interesting approach.
- Exploratory Testing with Ruby - This is a cool tutorial of how to do exploratory testing and a nice little introduction to Ruby.
- Indicators of an Effective Agile Team - Brian Marick writes a post about the points he has seen with agile teams that are working up their potential. The one that most rang true with me was, “People are pleasantly tired at the end of the day.”
- XMLA 1.1 SDK - Allows a client compying with the XML for Analysis 1.1 spec to communicate with an Analysis Services 2000 server.
- Blaming the Tool Instead of the Developer - Sounds like Rory has been spending too much time in chatrooms again.