The basement is coming along, which is good because I really need to list the house soon. We’ve started looking at properties in Seattle and the market doesn’t look too bad if you’re williing to drive a bit. Close to town it looks a lot like Denver… $275-$325 per square foot, but farther out it looks a little better. We’ll see…
- IBM vs Microsoft on UML and Stuff… _place_holder;- A set of articles and interviews discussing software lifecycle models have come out talking to Grady Booch of Rational about Microsoft’s Team System product, and Rick LaPlante, Microsoft’s general manager of Visual Studio Team System. It’s an interesting back-and-forth about Team System and its goals and ability to achieve them.
- RipDigital.com - Scott Hanselman just ripped his whole CD collection to DVD using this service. At $500 for 500 CDs, that seems a bit expensive to me.
- Software Factories on MSDN _place_holder;- Harry Pierson has been talking about Factories for a while now (because he had early access to the books) and now it looks like we all can get some info too.
- Rich and Fruity Sauce - Rory is on a roll lately… this is so damn funny… just go read it.
- Painfull NAnt Lessons - Kris Syverstad shares an embarassing and painful situation where his unit tests got commented out of the continuous integration NAnt script for SIX WEEKS. Oops.
- Unzip Pipeline Component for BizTalk - This is cool. I wonder why there isn’t also a ZIP version?