As described with the SP1 Beta post, in this release we have addressed some of the most requested features from customers of Visual Studio 2010 like better help support, IntelliTrace support for 64bit and SharePoint, and included Silverlight 4 Tools in the box. We also added unit testing support on .NET 3.5 and a new performance wizard for Silverlight, among other changes.
We concentrated heavily on fixing issues you reported, including the top voted issues from Connect. The full list of changes can be found in theVisual Studio and Team Foundation Server knowledge base articles. You can also find information about SP1 compatibility, SP1 Readme, and general information about SP1 in the Visual Studio Dev Center.
Additionally, we shipped two new Feature Packs for MSDN Subscribers:
- Team Foundation Server Project Server Integration Feature Pack - Integration between Project Server and Team Foundation Server is a considerable advancement for organizations that want to bridge the collaboration gap between the Project Management Office and software development teams.
- Visual Studio 2010 Load Test Feature Pack - Enables web performance and stress testing throughout the application lifecycle with unlimited virtual users.
- Jason Zander: Announcing Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1
- Soma Somasegar: Visual Studio 2010 enhancements
- Brian Harry: VS/TFS 2010 SP1 and TFS-Project Server Integration Feature Pack have Released