Got a little bit of vaca coming up… my sister Michelle is coming to town with her son Julien. Hadley is really excited to have her cousin here, which is fun. They haven’t seen each other in more than a year, so it should be a blast. The weather has been wonderful lately and hopefully it will stay good for their visit.
- Back Compat in EntLib - Ed Jezierski, architect for patterns & practices has written a detailed post talking about the issues around backwards compatibility in Enterprise Library and other p&p deliverables. When you’re done with that one, you need to read Scott Densmore’s post on the topic that explains some of the specifics around EntLib 1.x and 2.0.
- Currying w/ Generics in C# 2.0 - Very very cool technique here. The example is a bit contrived (as these things always are), but think a bit and you’ll see that there are a number of interesting uses for this kind of thing.
- PDC BoF Suggestions Now Open - If you’re going, and have something interesting that you want to get a group of people together to talk about, you should suggest a topic. They are always fun… sometimes even more fun than the conference sessions.
- Web Accessibility Toolbar - Wow this is cool. Page validation, browser resizing, CSS validation & manipulation, image _place_holder; lists, color manipulation, page structure, and more tools. Looks like a must for anyone doing web development.
- Sample Monad Scripts - A nice collection of sample MSH scripts to get you started in Monad. I’ve been writing a few myself, so it is cool to see how others are using it. There are some really interesting ones that do crazy things like pull RSS feeds, pull info from WMI, interop with Outlook, etc. Good stuff. There is even more information one page up. [via Adam Barr]