I am just not satisfied with the state of RSS readers. I started with an old web based one, then SharpReader, then NewsGator, then RSSBandit, then BlogLines, back to NewsGator and now I’ve switched to JetBrains Omea. So far so good, but it is still missing a few things that I would like. (Until Jan 1 2005, you can get a free perpetual license for Omea, so go get one now. Even if you aren’t going to switch, you may want to someday. )
- Changing the Location of the ASP.NET Validation Scripts - Sometimes you want to change where the scripts are located, instead of using the defaul. Christian Nagel found the web.config setting for this.
- List of 7-11s in Hawaii - Ha ha ha ha according to the store website, the closest one is in LA!
- Programming Contest at EggHeadCafe - Design and implement a Swedish Chef translator. Winners get $50. Yea! [via Eric Gunnerson]
- PDF Speedup - I blogged about removing some of the plug-ins to improve Acrobat Reader’s startup time, but now someone has made a tool to do it for you. Recommeded! [via Scott Hanselman _place_holder;who got it from Omar Shahine]
- Consolicious Defined - I love this word. Since joining P&P I have returned to my console loving ways that started back in my DOS and UNIX roots.
- Common Larceny - No, I’m not talking about crime. I’m talking about an implementation of the Scheme programming language for .NET. That’s all well and good, but what I really want is Ruby for .NET. [via Brad Abrams]