Since my new laptop hasn’t arrived, it looks like I’m going to have to head to Boston tomorrow with a borrowed system: a Toshiba Portege 3500 TabletPC. Unfortunately
it doesn't have USB 2.0, so I’m gonna have to buy one to run my VPC images.
- CopySourceAsHtml - One thing that has always annoyed me is copying source from Visual Studio into BlogJet (or any HTML Rich Text Editor). I’ve used the code formatter engines out there… I’ve used the “paste-into-msword-first” technique. But this is so much better. Give it a try.
- Ski Lift Sign - I love This is Broken (rss). Every week I get something from that feed that makes me laugh out loud.
- News Gator Blog Ratings - This is pretty cool. I guess now I could pull the ratings system I have on my blog if I wanted to.
- Selling Management on Continuous Integration - Mike Clark’s first post in his Dear Manager series is right on the money.
- Static Substitution Refactoring - Martin Fowler discusses an interesting refactoring that enables better testing for statics.
- Fuzzy Interfaces _place_holder;- After the whole “IE is more secure that other browsers” blowup that happened on Slashdot last week, Larry Osterman posts about how “fuzzing” the interface (as was done for the test in question) is an essential security testing technique.
- The Ultimate Pair Programming Setup? - I don’t know if I think it is the “ultimate” setup, but it sure looks pretty good.
UPDATE: My good friend and former boss Joe Shirey IMed me to tell me that the USB on the Portege is USB 2.0. So I tried it and it is. Now I can return that CardBus adapter. Thanks Joe!