So I’ve got enough horsepower on my new dev box to run my VPC development environment (yes I still do that) in Virtual Server 2005. Very nice. Now I can leave that giant machine in my office and work from anywhere I want (using my laptop) by using Remote Desktop. All the convenience of a laptop with the power and extensibility of a desktop box.
As a side note, I still can’t get BlogJet to work from campus. Please someone tell me they know the answer… the BlogJet support people don’t seem to be able to help. I’m very bummed.
- Weeding Out Bugs - Dave Thomas provides another metaphor in his (and Andy Hunt’s)
“programming is like” gardening idea. This time around… debugging is like weeking. +1 [via Brian Marick]
- A Song for Mr. Sells - I think everyone blogged this, but it is just too funny to pass up. Go listen to Rory sing an ode to Chris Sells.
- Developing with Least Privilege - I’m really going to try this time… honestly.
- Dingo Schema Compiler - An alternative to XmlSerializer/xsd.exe. Could be interesting.
- Is Optimization Refactoring? - Martin Fowler says no. I agree, their puposes are completely different even if the techniques are similar.