Tomorrow is my last day at Interlink. I’m both sad and excited. Sad to leave a wonderful group of people who I know are going to do exciting things in the coming years. Excited to go work wit a wonderful group of people who I know are going to do exciting things in the coming years.
On the home front, the basement is now ready for primer, paint and a few finishing touches. The drywall crew finished the tape, mud and texture this morning and the carpet crew did this install this evening. Since we fly to Seattle on Monday, I don’t think I could have cut this any closer, eh?
- Krispy Kreme Doghnuts: King of the Doughnut Heap _place_holder;- What could the secret ingredient be? Nobody knows, but if you don’t have one of these near you, look for them the next time you travel. We got a Krispy Kreme store in Denver a couple of years ago and now I can’t eat any other kind.
- Rory Coming to Colorado - Looks like he’ll be here right after I leave, but if you live in Colorado, go see him. He is a funny speaker and the topics look very interesting.
- Button’s Law of Design Maturity - “The prevalence of Singletons in a design is inversely proportional to the maturity of the design, and the designers.” Sound good to me.
- Hash Algorithms Broken? - The big news this week is that a number of cryptographic hash algorithms, most notably SHA0, SHA1 and MD5
- Darrell Norton on Software Factories - SF seem to be the “next big thing”, but Darrell doesn’t think they are applicable most of the time. Interesting thoughts…
- Undeploy BizTalk Assemblies - Marijn Hoogendoorn has released a nice little tool that can make undeploying BizTalk assemblies a lot easier. It can even undeploy EVERYTHING on your BizTalk machine. Cool.