Today is the day my landscapers are supposed to finish the yard. We are so damn happy, you wouldn’t believe it. Our two year old daughter, Hadley, wants to spend all day out there and with just dirt and weeds, we weren’t really all that happy about it. Now it will be nice and green. (Assuming, of couse, that I can keep it alive on 15 minutes per zone, twice a week.)
- Checked Build vs. Free Build - Ever wonder what the difference is? Here is the answer.
- Why Shouldn’t Author’s Self-Publish - DonXML asks why people don’t just do it themselves. He raises some very good points. Are tech publishers going the way of the dodo?
- Speech Application SDK - I saw a demo of this stuff a while ago at one of the local MS ISV Roundtable events. Very cool stuff. Basically you write ASP pages and a program reads them over the phone. Cool stuff. They have also released both a speech-enabled IBuySpy and a speech-enabled Fitch and Mather.
- Implementing Service-Oriented Integration with ASP.NET - Christian Weyer likes it and so do I.
- Visual Studio .NET Bootstrapper - A number of these have popped up over the last year or so, but it now has its own webpage in MSDN. Install this plug-in to enable you to make MSI files that contain the .NET framework. [via The Daily Grind 367]
- Code Access Security and Design Patterns - Maxin Karpov explains CAS. [via The Daily Grind 367]