So I’m still out at a local school district doing SharePoint stuff. Having fun and doing some very interesting stuff that I’ll be writing about soon. It is way too much for a bog post though, so I’m writing an article. Soon…
- Cargo Cult Programming - I remember running across Richard Feynman’s Cargo Cult Science speech a few years ago and thinking that it was a cool story. Now Eric Lippert has applied the story to less-than top-notch developers. (More here and here. And as a side note, in that last link Eric explains Mort, Elvis and Einstein.) [via simplegeek]
- Pretty RSS Feeds - This is nice. All the blog engines should start adding this XSLT sheet to their RSS feeds. He even shows the modified dasBlog source to make it happen (but I haven’t done that yet). [via The Daily Grind 333]
- Using the C# “using” keyword for other purposes - Apparently they called it “using” for this very reason!
- Balancing Quality with Everything Else - A funny Dilber from this past weekend.
- Visual Studio 2005 - This was the first official MS text I’ve seen that says, VS.NET 2005 was formerly referred to as “Whidbey”.
- MetaBuilders is Going Public! - OK. Not really. But Andy Smith, owner of the excellent MetaBuilders website has decided to throw out his shingle. Good luck Andy!