Since having kids, I have been sick more than at any other time in my adult life. It is crazy how often I end up getting whatever she has. I suppose a toddler crying and coughing in your face is a great way to pass germs, but it is sure getting old. Hadley has had a nasty cough for the past 3 or 4 days and, of course, yesterday morning I woke up with that bronchitis feeling in my chest. This morning it was confirmed. I’m sick again. Ugh.
- War on Drugs Clock - It is the 11th of January of the federal gov’t has already spent almost 2/3 of a billion dollars on the war on drugs. More than 51,000 people have been arrested for drug offenses and of those more than 23,000 were for marijuana! Lunacy.
- Nullsoft Scriptable Install System - Have you ever wanted to make a small installation program? You may not have noticed it, but the installers created by VS.NET include two copies of the Windows Installer 2.0 Installer with them. That is more than 3 MB of stuff that most people don’t need. This nice little toolkit will require you to write a bit of code, but it will produce tiny little installers (only 34KB overhead and excellent compression). Very cool.
- Spirit Is Ready to Go - In case you haven’t been following this story, the Mars lander is preparing to roll on Monday. Now comes the exciting part.
- MBuild - Peter Williams just released a new build tool for the Mono project. According to Miguel de Icaza, it has a number of “new, fresh ideas” that are “unusual in a build system.” Interesting…
- System.Web.Mail - Dave Wanta has collected “the complete FAQ for the System.Web.Mail namespace.” If you are playing around with this stuff, you certainly need to bookmark this site. Too bad the entire BCL isn’t covered like this.
- On Genghis, WinForms and How to Move Towards Avalon - Chris Sells answers a series of questions sent to him by Paolo Severini.