Wow. I fell way behind on my aggregator… found a bunch of good things. Enjoy!
- Port Requirements for Microsoft Windows Server Systems - Ever wonder what port you need to open for RRAS L2TP? This Excel spreadsheet will tell you that and many others too.
- LA County Bans Use of “Master/Slave” Term - I hate ignorant legistaltive behavior like this. It is just stupid. This term has been in existence for decades and accurately describes the relationship between two hard drives in many systems. Stupid. [via Slashdot]
- Dell to Stop Using Indial Call Center for Corporate Customers - Are American companies starting to move tech jobs back home? [via Slashdot]
- Fog Machine Chiller - Andy Hunt (of Pragmatic Programmer fame) mentioned this site while describing his crazy Halloween setup.
- More Avalon Architecture - On 11/21 I mentioned Chris Anderson’s first two posts about the history and architecture of Avalon. He isn’t done yet.
- Scrolling Data Grid for only $9.95 - Robert McLaws has released his killer looking scrolling grid for ASP.NET and it costs less than $10.
- Simple ASP.NET Skinnable Template Site - Erik Porter posted this useful tidbit to GDN User Samples the other day.
- Extensibility Application Block 1.0 - I wonder what the PAG group at MS thinks of this. Roy Osherove has released his own “application block” for creating pluggable applications. Interesting idea.
- XHTML Support in ASP.NET Whidbey - Scott Guthrie blogs about what they’re doing to ensure compliance.