I spent yesterday up in Keystone meeting with a client and we almost got stuck up there for the night. Given that they were getting dumped on, that wouldn’t have been too bad, provided we didn’t get stuck on the highway.
- Overview of VS “Whidbey” SOA Designer - This whitepaper talks about the new designers that support SOA design. Good looking stuff. [via Christian Nagel’s OneNotes]
- To StoredProc or Not to StoredProc? - Frans Bouma say no, Rob Howard says yes. I say, it depends… Scott Watermasysk sums it all up here.
- Connection Strings in Whidbey - Erik Porter digs into the new ConnectionString config setting in Whidbey.
- Flex vs. Avalon - Jesse Ezell talks compares and contrasts Macromedia Flex (MXML) with MS Avalon (XAML). Interesting read. In a later post on Jesse’s blog, David Mendels from the Flex team responds.
- Motorola Smart Phone Deal - Buy the MPx-200 from Amazon before 11/25 and the phone only costs $79 instead of $300! Mine will be here by the weekend. Woo hoo!
- Infragistics UltraGrid for Avalon Tech Demo - Comes with source. [via _place_holder;Marquee de Sells]
- SQL Injection Attacks - Richard Caetano gives a simple demo of how easy it is…
One of the things that bugs the crap out of me whenever I _place_holder;have to start over with a new RSS aggregator is all of the feeds that don’t have a posted date. Of my 200+ feeds, probably 15% of them don’t have it. So when I hit them with a fresh aggregator, I can’t tell how old things are. This is stupid!