I’m almost caught up on rebuilding my new laptop. You know how it goes, you get the basics done the first day but then it is another week of saying, “Oops… forgot to install Acrobat Reader!”
A bunch of interesting things out there today:
- Chris Brumme weighs in with another tome. This time he covers the PDC and discusses some of the many ways developers write code that gets broken by new versions of the CLR.
- Spy on CMUs Wireless Network - The image generator was down when I last checked it, but basically you can see a map showing all of the wireless users on the Carnegie Mellon campus. [via Boing Boing Blog]
- WSDL.EXE Replacement Sought - This is not the first post I’ve seen on this topic and I haven’t seen a really good answer yet. The ideal solution would let the developer provide a custom template for the generated server or client code.
- Properties vs. Methods - Brad Abrams brings up the question after a WinFX design review. His argument for methods is pretty good, but not good enough methinks. Check it out and leave a comment. He asked for it.
- 101 C# Code Samples - I don’t know how I missed this… [via Dan Fernandez Blog]
- Sun Bets on Free Java App Server - I wonder what BEA and IBM will think of this?